Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Party With the Young'uns

  A lot of family get-togethers revolve around birthday
parties. The latest was my cousin's littlest. In past parties I have ended up getting dropped in a dunking booth and sliding down one of those blow up kid's things...
__________________

Dress:
  Bisou Bisou
 Size 4
 Modern

  This is a wrap around dress made out of a swim suit type fabric. When I found this I loved the fact the fabric looked like peacock feathers! Peacock feathers remind me of Princess Jasmine... so, yeah I'm a Aladdin Fan. (not ashamed... or trying to not be)
  Bisou Bisou was created by Michele Bohbot and Bisou means "A Little Kiss" in French. On their site the latest line shown is the 2012 Spring Collection. So not sure if this line is manufactured any more.
  Really this dress has a very 40's look to it. The fabric kind of outshines a lot of the details.
  A ray of pin tucks from the left side to the center right. The sleeves are caped at the elbow. I had short pants underneath. Wrap skirts can show too much if your not careful! This one didn't give me much trouble.

Shoes:
  Flip Flops
Size 9

  I don't know what the brand of these are. I've had them for a while. They are a dark pink with glitter. Have some purple sequined heels that would go great with this but alas... not a good idea at a party involving water slides.

Makeup:

Face
  • Elf Zit Zapper
  • Loreal Paris +lorealparisnyc  Sublime Sun Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 100 Sheer Lightweight Lotion
  • N.Y.C. New York Color Cover Stick 782A Medium
  • Cover Girl Clean 225 Buff Beige
  • E.L.F. +e.l.f. Cosmetics  HD Blush #83231 Headliner
  Gluten issues getting you down? Like Dermatitis Herpetiformis? Pull out your handy Zit Zapper! Yes, it's made for use on common zits but it also dose a good job of soothing and removing redness from what I call "Gluten Bumps". This stuff is pretty nice! I've been through I don't know how many achne products over the years and this is one of the best and most simple ideas that actually work!
  This year it was too hot to even sit outside for very long but I prepared for if I did spend very long in the sun. I burn and maybe turn a darker shade of pale as a result. So I'm even more not a fan of the sun. Sunburns HURT!!! If I know I'm going to be in the sun much I like to use a sun screen moisturizer and I found Loreal's on clearance and thought I'd give it a try. I hate most sunscreen due to the smell and yucky feeling. I would recommend this! The smell is pleasant and you can put makeup on top of it and not have a total mess.
  Now after treating your "Gluten Bumps" with the Zip Zapper and letting that dry. Cover it with NYC Cover stick then hit the cheeks with a dab and I mean a dab as this stuff goes a LONG way, E.L.F HD Blush. Too much and you will look like you have a sunburn! ;-)

Eyes
  • Maybelline NY Define-a-lash Mascara Very Black
  • Maybelline NY Color Tattoo 24hr By Eyestudio Limited Edition 15 "Blue Paradise"
  Again using Define-a-lash Very Black. It's been pretty much the only mascara I've been using lately.
  COLOR TATTOO!!!! I have been wanting to try this stuff for years now!! Finally got my hands on two colors. I have it in this Limited Edition Blue and another orange color. Haven't had the chance to try the orange but the blue! Oh, it's fun! A very iridescent effect! It looks better on your skin then when it's just sitting in the jar. And yes, it lasts very well! Check out the colors they still make, I'm liking the Teal!

Lips
  • Wet n Wild Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain Fergie Line +FergieVEVO  "Ball in Vienna"
  A fav of mine right now! People who only wear expensive brands need to get over themselves! This stuff is REALLY good. I still had some of it on my lips the NEXT DAY! I came across this while looking for Pinkerbelle in a Walgreens that didn't carry it but next to the normal brand of Wet n Wild I saw the Fergie line. And I saw a picture of a girl with a color on her lips I really liked. They didn't say what the color was though! Looked around at the colors and this matched the most so I bought it. Glad I did!

Jewelry
  • Avon clip-on earrings
  I do not re-call the name of these earrings but they came from Avon when I sold Avon. I got them at a discounted price because they were discontinued. I have earrings and a matching necklace. I don't wear them together cause they are such large bold pieces that it would just be too much. I've had people remark that they look old and they are correct. They do have an early turn of the century look to them. Maybe that's part of the reason I like them so much. Antique look and in pink with rhinestones! Oh, and they came as clip-ons! I do not have pierced ears.

Scent
  • Elizabeth Taylor's Passion
  This smells like flowers! Paper whites, maybe? It's also a pretty strong scent. I like to wear this often. It's not fruity but not earthy either. I tend to go for fruity but this is nice when I'm in an in between mood. Totally smells nothing like anything else I have!

Nails
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color 210 "Flirt"
  • Wet n Wild Fast Dry Nail Color C238C "Party of Five Glitters" By Markwins 
  As I said. I'm not a big manicure fan. If in the mood I paint my nails and I like to be fancy weird about it. I remember my first two bottles of nail polish my mom let me by at a dollar store. One was dark fuschia and the other gold. I had never seen it done before but I came up with painting gold streaks over the fuschia. Wasn't I clever...
  Anyway, people have been layering polish for years. But I particularly like this combo. The first color is a deep deep blood red. Not a color I thought I'd like very much but I bought it on sale needing it for a project I was working on and I was surprised I actually liked the color as nail polish!
  The clear coat with glitter really works easily. Best clear coat glitter I have ever used!


Party Time!

  I'm really trying not to cheat on my Gluten Free diet (It's unpleasant when I do so that does help matters) but I do at birthday parties and weddings because I don't get sick much when I eat cake. I think part of the reason of this is that Gluten is taken out of cake rather then added to it.
  But look at what my cousin managed to do with cake! I've seen this on Pinterest but never in person! Pretty cool, hu?!

  (And yeah... she's a knock-out... the model I spoke of HERE ... got some good genes running in my family.) +Tiffany Jernigan



No comments:

Post a Comment