Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hitting the Runway

  While I'm VERY familiar with the stage, the runway is a little more new to me. It's just my personality to want to master everything I jump into. Modeling is more my talented cousin's world but I give it a try now and then. After all, I've played a statue for two years... basically the same as mannequin modeling... yeah, I'm pretty good at that one! Lol....
  So I auditioned recently for a fashion show. Thought I'd share my attire for the venture...
____________________

Top:
  Attention
Size M

  Such a pretty top. The upper part is a lined crop top and the lace extends below the waist. So you can see through the bottom part.

Pants:
  Faded Glory
Size 8A

  I'm not a fan of Jeans but I'm warming up to them now that they make them pretty! Spandex makes them a little more comfortable then they use to be as well. Can't see the back in this pic but they have on both pockets embroidery and rhinestones in a cross like shape. There's also a bit on the pocket watch pocket.
  I remember the day of buying these and the sizes were crazy! I went through several before finding these that fit. I have another pair of skinny jeans that are a 6. These at an 8A fit just a tad bit loser if at all then my 6's. No wonder they were on clearance! Forget going by size! Lesson in this, get the size that fits! Not the size you wish you were! There are no regulations on sizing clothes anymore. There use to be but not anymore. I wear a Vintage dress size 8 (size pre 1980) and a modern size dress range between 4 - 6.

Shoes:
  Solos by Softspots
Size 9
Made in China

  Man made gold shade leather with metal rings. Around a 4 inch heel. They were on sale and they fit. Nuf said ;-)


Makeup

  Face:
  • Love My Eyes concealer stick Light
  • Cover Girl +COVERGIRL Clean 220 Creamy Natural Pressed Powder
  • Avon Shimmer bronzing "Shake and Go" Powder Brush Light
  • Shimmer Powder Brand unknown (came in a Walmart Christmas set)
  You need to have healthy nice looking skin to go under the microscope of being a model. I have not had that for many years of my life due to gluten.
 I went simple on this cause they want to make you up. not see your idea of what crazy makeup they can give you.
  The concealer stick is for any spots that may need a touched up or brightened. Also good to use around your eyes as a base for your eye shadow.
  The pressed powder sets the concealer stick so don't put powder where you want your eye shadow because is will be pointless as that will be what sets your eye shadow.
  Again a little Avon Shimmer bronzing and Shimmer powder... but don't go crazy, you want you to be the focus.

Eyes:
  • Revlon +Revlon Trends  Luxurious Color Diamond Dust 110 Starry Lust
  • Maybelline NY Define-a-lash Mascara Very Black
  Didn't want to put on much eye make-up. Went with a light coat of Revlon Diamond Dust. Did I mention I love glitter... :-) I don't think that they make these anymore. I got my hands on a number of colors in the Diamond Dust line at a store that sells over stock and discontinued items.
  Again I dawned Maybelline NY Define-a-lash. I would buy this stuff again... if they don't discontinue production on it like they did my favorite Maybelline XXL Curl Power Volume Mascara!

Eye Brow
  I use to use an Avon eyeliner to darken my eye brows but this put on with a stiff angled brush works just as well or better and I don't have to worry about having to sharpen it!

Lips
  • Wet n Wild Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain Fergie Line +FergieVEVO  "Ball in Vienna"
  Wanted to wear a more natural color but some how ended up with a touch of "Ball in Vienna". More of a fashion pop color (which I love) then just a natural red.

Nails
  • Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel N403 Ruby Slipper
  I have a lipstick that matches this color... I wanted to wear it... I couldn't find it!!! Grr...
  Avon nail polish is not bad. Not the best I have used but not the worst. This color is not as glossy as I think it could be. It's a little flat when it comes to depth but a nice color and a gloss finish coat might fix the flat look... but I was in a hurry. Avon is nice cause it's easy to apply and dries pretty quickly. It's lasting time varies. May have something to do with how I applied it. I'm just not big on nail polish but use it to look polished or to protect my nail when I'm working with wire. (I'm a jewelry and costume designer) That can do a number on your nails!

Jewelry
  • Belt Loop Dangles
Anyway I can make blue jeans girly! I don't remember the brand. Fun piece! Clips to your belt loops with three brightly colored feathers hanging by faux leather along with some other dangles by chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment