Thursday, December 11, 2014

Changing Decades

  At least two people I know changed decades this year! One my friends planed a surprise party for which was pretty fun! I've never been to a surprise party before!
   I threw this little outfit together. It has such a retro vintage look to it. Reminiscent of the 1930's and maybe even going back to the 1910's due to it reminding me of a photo I found of my Great Grandmother around 1910. (Did you know there were photo booths in the 1910's? Yeah, nether did I but I have a strip taken of my Great Grandparent!)
_____________________________

Top:

   Jacket
  •    Last Kiss
   Size Large
   Modern  

 I found this jacket in a little town in NJ one day when the stores where having an outdoor sale. They would do it like once a week in the summer... something like that. This was on clearance at a shop called Raimbow. I loved how many little shops there were with such affordable prices! Rainbow actually opened a shop in my hometown in AL! I haven't had a chance to go in it.


Blouse
  •     No Label
    Size around a 8/10
    Vintage

Love Victorian lace? I believe this was my mom's originally and somehow I ended up with it. A lovely cotton embroidered and cut out lace work blouse. My estimate is it is from the 70's or very early 80's. Not only does the needle work go down the front but there is embroidery on the sleeves as well.
 I don't know why the label is gone but people cut them out through the years. Back in the day those labels could be quite annoying! They would just be scratchy and ichy! I'm sure this is not a homemade piece but the lace work is quite nice.

Skirt:
   Size M (around an 8)
   Made in China
   Modern

  This skirt is crochet with a matching underskirt. Not sure if the photos do justice to the detail in the crochet.
 I found this article on Isda & Co. Isda & Co. Mysteriously Closes After 25 Years in Business so I don't know what is up with that but I also came across this article from The New York Times The Skirt That Loved Me 2006 remarking on how the brand harks from another era. Kind of sad she thought a skirt would be "too pretty" to wear in a subway! What!?! Since when is there dress codes in a subway! LOL....

Shoes:
  • JINMANG Shoes
   Size 10
   Made in China

   I was in a show and needed Victorian style shoes... This was my find. As I told a friend recently, after the show I was like, hey these are cute!
Also wear them here...
Pintucks & Ruffles

Makeup:

Face:
   I don't enjoy putting on full foundation unless I have to, it's just takes more time then I want to spend and then you have to get it off. There was a time when I work full foundation nearly ever day due to my Dermatitis Herpetiformis. After going Gluten Free I don't have to deal with a face full of boils. If there is a bump here or there I cover it here with a cream foundation from Cover Girl But I don't cover my face with it. I'm using it more as a concealer. I checked their website and I can't find where they sell the one I'm wearing here anymore but they do still carry it for dark skin tones!
  For Blush I went for E.L.F. HD Blush #83231 Headliner.
  To set everything I powdered my face with Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder 150 Creamy Beige

Lips:
   One of the best of this type of lipstick I have tried. The way this works is you put on the color and let it dry on your lips. You then after waiting a minute or two apply the gloss on top. I first came across this stuff over ten years ago and they did not work as well as this one does. The problem I have had in the past was after it dried and you apply the gloss and the gloss would cause the color to become liquid again and come off! Pretty madding! The gloss with this does what it's suppose to do and protect the color from rubbing off. It's also near over the top glitter and the color of this one is very RED! Fun! :-D Sadly looking on Rimmel's site they don't sell this anymore!

Eyes:

Step #1 Starting at the lid I placed the dark green in center that is in a V shape in Maybelline Eyestudio Color Explosion Luminizing 15 Forest Fury.
Step #2 Lighter green on the middle right goes in the eye crease.
Step #3 Last place above the eye crease to the brow line the yellow at the top.

 What I love about this pallet  Maybelline Eyestudio Color Explosion Luminizing 15 Forest Fury is the rich colors and the glitter!

Step #4 Maybelline New York The Colossal Volum' Express Glam Black is what I use a lot now since I've ran out of my favorite Maybelline mascara and they don't make it anymore.

Perfume

   I bought this bottle not having a clue what the bottle looked like nor what it smelled like! Only that I had sampled a Brittney Spears perfume in the past (years ago) and liked it. I was in luck as the bottle is lovely and it has a nice scent as well. I really don't know how to describe what it smells like.. I like it though! Sort of a spicy sweet Mountain Dew... it's different.

Accessories:
  • Flower Clip
    New York & Company +New York & Company

   This pretty little clip was picked up in a shop in Astoria Queens. Made of beads, glitter, and velvet I've worn it a lot. The back has a clip and a pin. Here I'm using the clip wearing it like a fascinator.

  • Bar Pin
   Modern costume jewelry. White base metal and a green stone.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your style! Also fabulous makeup selection :)
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just checked out your site, nice, I'm now following you on Google+!

      Delete