Thursday, September 11, 2014

Evening Get-together

 I've had this group of friends in my life for over 17 years. We met here and there. We got together recently at one of the newly wed's new apartment.

 "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other GOLD!" a song I learned in elementary school.
____________

Top:
 Saucy Girl
Size Child's Large 12/14
Made in Thailand

  This is a ribbed fabric with the neckline beaded with sequins and beads. 96% cotton 4% spandex, and yes this is a child tank top... I admit I have kids clothing in my wardrobe. If they look good, fit, and I like it then why not?! Girls stop feeling ashamed! If you wear a women's XXL + or you still can get in stuff in the kid's section, doesn't matter what anyone might say about it, hold you head up high and make the best of what you have been given!

 No Boundaries
Size: Juniors Medium 7/9
Assembled in Mexico Modern
Cut #1194502
Style #15ja148p

 I have two tops like this one. The other is red and a different print. I've had them a number of years. Back when Wall-mart sold quality clothing. This is a pretty cool design! The chiffon has a 60's style print and can be seen through. It came with a top to wear under it but I thought the beading on the tank top would look nice.

Pants:
  Faded Glory
Size 8A
Modern
 (Also seen in this look... Click Here)
 Again wearing my Faded Glory jeans. Thought this time I'd get a shot of the back with the fancy embroidery.

Shoes:
   Avon
   Size 9
  Modern
 These have around an inch or two heel. I've had a number of people notice them. They came from Avon but I really don't know the actual brand. They originally came with green bows. I had a blue dress I wanted to wear them with so we went out and found some children's hair bows that clips and there ya go...
 
 Makeup:

  Face
  • Cover Girl +COVERGIRL  Clean 220 Creamy Natural Pressed Powder
  • Milani Double Impact Blush #02 Wine & Roses
  I'm not a believer in heavy makeup. It's just my personal style to keep it simple for everyday life. Hey, some days I only throw on some lip gloss. But I know how to glam it up too when I feel like it ;-) 
Here I have a powdering of Cover Girl Clean 220 Creamy Natural.
  As for the blush. I can't find it to give more details on it. It's around here somewhere... (Never mind, found it!)
 I've had it a while but haven't used it a lot. I bought it when I was trying to find something to replace my favorite color from Maybelline that was discontinued. Here I used the lighter shade. It's a very soft pink.

Eyes
  Using Maybelline NY Define-a-lash Mascara.
  As for eye shadow I used Black Radiance Shadow Crème in what I would call a vivid medium blue. It's sold under the name Jewel but I don't know if they still make this particular eye shadow. I googled it and their whole website wasn't working. (Update 11/13/2014 Black Radiance fav'd this post on Twitter and thus here is their working website!)  This brand is focused for African American women. I have a collection of these eye shadows. I like how deep the colors are and it is a cream that should dry though for some reason it didn't work very well on this day and it moved around my eyelids. Not sure what happened, maybe I should have set it with some powder.

Lips
  • New York Color NYC 445 "Coralista" EXPERT LAST LIPSTICK
  • L.A. Color Brilliant Shine Glitter Gloss LG820 Rosy Pink
  "Coralista" is a new color for New York Color. My mom and I ran across it earlier this year. We both agreed that we liked this one the best and got it. We had to go to a couple of stores to find it as the one we did see was damaged.
  I really like the vivid colors coming out this year in lipsticks. Colors I've really haven't seen before! It's the early 1990's all over again!!! Only this time they are matching the neon colors in makeup!
  "Coralista" is a bright coral color. It's not my favorite lipstick formula but it's not that bad, particular at the price range of $2 - $3.
  I tried to put a gloss coat of L.A. Color Brilliant Shine Glitter Gloss on top of the coral and it's didn't work to well. The NYC lipstick doesn't work well for layering. Which is partly why it's not my favorite formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment