Wednesday, January 21, 2015

First Impressions: Flower

   For me the best day for getting stuff for Christmas is when it all goes on sale!!! It can be a surprise cause you just don't know what will be left and you might come across something you would have not bought at retail price that 75% - 90% off sounds like a fun adventure to try something new!
   There were a lot of perfume and make up sets out there this year. I didn't rack up as much as I could have due to budgeting issues but I did have a fair amount of fun even so!
   I don't like blogs that get a sample pack in the mail of something, tries it once and it hit their blogs! Honestly?! I like to use a product a number of times before I feel I know enough about it to talk about it!
   With this said, I am going to give you my first impressions of the brand Flower....

 
  I first noticed this brand sometime this Fall (2014). I faintly remembering hearing Drew Barrymore was coming out with a line of make-up so I figured that was what this is and yeah, I was right. This brand is called Flower. The display caught my attention but it wasn't impressive at all to me. Neither was the price... The price was up there with Revlon and Cover Girl with nothing telling me if the quality matched the price. If you have to choose from ELF which is cheaper than a brand you have no idea about, your gonna go with the brand you know.
   But Christmas clearance swung around and I snapped up a set of 3 nail polishes and a set of 3 eye shadow cream sticks.

   Unlike Hard Candy's set I got Flower actually has names for the colors I got the following:

Color in the Lines
Eyes on the Prize Eyeshadow Cubby
The pic to the side is where I tried the colors on my hand to get an idea on what the colors look like on my skin. "Daffodil With It" turned out being nearly the same color as my skin with a metallic pearlescents to it.
   These colors have a very earthy look to them to them mixed with a shimmer. The darkest "Keep Your Pansies On" I thought would be more of a brown but trying it on my hand it's a dark purple. And yes the green, "Olive My Love" is an Olive hue.
   I did try them on my eyes a day or two later but it did not past the creaseless test..... but rarely creams do. (at least on me) But the test on my hand in the picture you could still see a small amount of it there the next day! So it does have staying power!

Luxe 'n' Lacquered
Nail'd It! Nail Lacquers
   To me the packages do not do these justice either. I wasn't crazy about the colors at all but since they were pretty much giving them away I took them thinking I'd find something to do with them. Got them home and out of the box they looked so much prettier! Like the shadows they also have a shimmery pearlized glitz to them!!! I didn't test them on my nails due to the condition they ended up in after a whole holiday season being painted over and over again. They need a rest.
    I'm REALLY looking forward to try them on my nails! They are very pretty!
   And you can see here how in color they go well with the shadows.
  I would also like to note if you visit their site that they do not spend much on AD's. I admire this. This generation is messed up. Honest word of mouth should be the best form of ad's, not how much you spend on a huge billboard in Time's Square.
Check it out here: Flower

No comments:

Post a Comment