Friday, January 16, 2015

Little Black Tutu: Betsy & Adam




Recently this Christmas I attended my Church's Christmas feast combined with the commissioning of two young men as pastors and affirmation of the service they are already doing in the congregations.

My faith means much to me and though I do work in musical theater I feel honored when I'm allowed to share one of my greatest talents that God has given me with my Church family. I shared "Let There Be Peace on Earth" There will be a link to it at the end of this post.
________________

Dress
    Size; 8 petite
    Made in the USA
    Retail Tag $120
    Modern

   So we have all heard of the "Little Black Dress". Well, here is my little black Tutu! This is one of my favorite dresses! Made by Betsy & Adam by Linda Bernell who is also the designer of Blondie Nites. I think I have another dress by Blondie nights... I think it's a pink halter top... anyway...

   Normally a size 8 would be too large on me but this was a near perfect fit. So, I don't know if it being a petite caused this or this brand runs small.

   I call it my "Little Black Tutu" because of the skirt and tulle! The skirt has several layers. The top layer has to be several yards of tulle held up with a built in netted petticoat. It reminds me of a tutu! It's fun to wear!

   I can not find a stock photo of this dress but on me it falls at a very comfortable length at my knee. But I am tall at 5'9. I don't know where this would fall on a petite girl.

   Another pretty detail on this dress it the beading. Being black it can be hard to catch details in a photograph but I did manage to get it on this one. The waist band is lace beaded in three panels side by side across the waist.

Accessories
  • No Boundaries
  • Costume Jewelry Snowflake Pin
   In some of the pictures I'm wearing a black velvet shrug. It was made by No Boundaries. I personally like the look better with the Shrug then without it.
   I'm wearing a snowflake pin on the shrug.
JD Landis pastor of Way of Life, Myself, Thi Nguyen commissioned pastor & his family, and Brett Dungan Mayor of Bayou La Batre AL

No comments:

Post a Comment