Friday, January 9, 2015

Hard Candy Christmas...

It's 2015!!!
So, how was your Christmas?

What did you get?
Thought I'd share a few of mine!
______________

   Ummm.... yeah the pic to the right... taken Christmas day and yes, no make-up... and it was cold hence the hoodie over the hat!
   But yeah, not that this was a surprise. I picked it out but I had to wait till Christmas to get my hands on it!
   Hard Candy is such a fun brand. I still joke about it as the make-up line for hookers, but lol... I love the glitz! Which reminds me, remember back when girls had to go to Adult stores to get the high-high heels? I called them "stripper shoes". And while it now is a main stream look that even I will wear I still look at a few of them and say "Stripper shoes"! And keep on going...
   This is three sets of 4 Baked Eye shadows. I mean.. 3 gift sets? I want all of them!!! Each set had different colors! Nope I'm keeping them ALL.
   I had to look up on how to even use baked eye shadow. You can use them dry or with water. I have tried both and I do recommend these! I partially like using them with water.
   So... I get these for Christmas and I'm hoping I'll do well in the clearance sale after Christmas. So, a day or two after New Years I'm digging through the 75 Christmas stuff and not doing very well and then I pulled up a Hard Candy Eye shadow...  I keep digging and pulled out even more! I clawed through nearly every bin of Christmas junk I could find, at the same time suffering from sea sickness from an ear infection. And I was also hoping this stuff really was 75% off and I wasn't wasting my time. It was indeed on clearance. I managed to even get big containers of the same colors in my set I got on Christmas! I never even saw these before Christmas and I checked out the Christmas department a number of times! Oh, well... got um for 75% off now! :-D Would have been cool if they had named the colors but whatever, I get that they are trying to get new costumers by making affordable products to sell to people who do not want to take a chance at buying their brand at their normal retail price. While they are on a lower end price in the broad spectrum of things they are not the cheapest either.
   But I also got a good deal on some LA Colors shadows!!! I'm not a fan of L.A. Colors but if they are nearly giving them away I'll give it a try. My mom really likes LA colors though. She has a large set of eye shadows.
   I ended up with 3 sets of Baby Pop. The colors don't look very exciting in the package but it's a different story once they are on your eyes!
   This Christmas was a good year for make-up. Normally they have make up sets but they are the cheapest you can find. This year brands like Hard Candy, ELF, and L.A. Colors made gift sets!


No comments:

Post a Comment