Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rainy Day Sparkle

  It happens, you have rainy days. But a get together with your friends can be a pick-me-up!
________________

Top:

  Dream Out Loud by Selena Gomez
+Selena Gomez
Size M
Made in China
Modern

  I really like this line! It's low cost and fun. It's not the quality of higher end clothes. So don't expect this to last a life time, just have fun with it!
 This tank top (100% Rayon) has four rows of different colors covered in iridescent paillettes. It fits pretty lose on me so it works good for layering.


  Green Sports Top
Size Unknown
No Label

Again using the green hand-me-down from my mom.

Pants:

 Jordache
Size 6
Modern

  I didn't think I'd like skinny jeans but I actually like these. As a kid I would refuse to wear pants so it's taken a very LONG TIME for me to make friends with pants. Add a little bling to them and it makes it better. This pair is rather plain but I'm pretty comfortable in them.

Shoes:
  Bongo
 Size 9
 Modern

  I've been needing a good pair of flats for a while now. It's weird that I've been able to find fancy high heels cheaper then a pair of every day flats!!!
  Found these at K-mart. So far they are holding up. I tend to wear the same shoes everyday unless it's more of a dress up day. Then I grab from my collection of heels!

Makeup:

  Face
  Was having a little Gluten reaction to something and so used ELF Zit Zapper to calm it down a little.
  Cover Girl Press Powder, rub the applicator in the pressed power and then rub... I mean rub the powder onto you skin (beauty tip from the past)
  Then comes the HD Blush. I know sometimes stores don't always like this but if they want a sell they better put up with it. (please be responsible and not put something directly on your lips or jam your finger into the product! Just saying, even if you are trying a sample use some sense if you do need to see it on your skin before buying. Also if an item is sealed shut and there is no way to see it other then breaking it, don't.) I tried this blush on my hand before buying it. I was unaware though of how the bottle can give more then you expect and it goes a LONG way! LOL... so a warning to anyone new to this blush! It doesn't take much and only pump it just a little to get it to come out or you might have a mess on your hands! I really liked the color and bought it.

Eyebrow:
  This is really eye shadow but works great for your brows.
  I got these brushed years ago. They have the softest feel and you can tell a difference in how your makeup look when you use them. It look much smoother. For this I use the "Angled Shadow Brush".

Eyes:
  • Maybelline New York The Colossal Volum' Express Glam Black
  • Maybelline Eyestudio Color Explosion Luminizing 15 Forest Fury
  I've been using Maybelline NY Define-a-lash Mascara Very Black a lot lately so I thought I'd change it up a little and go with Colossal Volum' Express Glam Black. It came in a set of Maybelline mascaras I found. I've used this one before but not lately. It's ok, I like Maybelline's basic formula I have sensitive eyes and it's had to find mascara that doesn't burn them. Colossal Volum' Express wants to clump a little which is what I dislike about it the most, but even so it looks good on.
  For eye shadow I decided to go with a pop of yellow. I used the bottom yellow on my lids and a sparkling yellow at the top above my eyelids. I was surprised how glittery the yellow was in this set. I had seen these a while back liking the colors. I just recently got a set of my own. The yellow glitter one, oh yeah!!! Beautiful!

Lips:
  • Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
  • Avon Ultra Color Rich Extra Plump Lipstick H1 Rosewood
  • Avon Glazewear Shine Lip Gloss
  My lips have been dry. I like to use Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm cause I like the smell and zingy feeling it has. It's good to moisturize your like as it is your face and such. I'm not the best at doing this as much as I should but sore split lips tend to remind you if you don't ;-)
  Lipstick I used is Avon Rosewood. I haven't worn this in a while. I like the color. Sort of a muted red/rose'ish color. Does it plump your lips? Nah! But I still really like it. At the most the clear center might create and illusion but honestly I don't see it. Beside just liking the color I like the zing/pepperminty feel. I use to use it when going to cattle call auditions on what is painful hours for real actors! Kind of woke me up a little! Ugh.
  Layered over the Rosewood I put an Avon light pink gloss. I'd tell you the color but the sticker fell off of it!
  The lips stick and gloss I used here are not long lasting like the new stuff you can get now but they still are good lipsticks/glosses

Nails:
  • Wet n Wild  Fast dry nail color 224C The Wonder Years
  • Living Nightmare Black Nail Polish
  • Broadway Nails High Shine Nail Polish Pretty Duckling #16
  Here comes the crazy nails again! I painted all but my left thumb and right hand right finger with "The Wonder Years". A pretty and nearly but not quite metallic color yellow. Has a bit of iridescent to it. On the left thumb and right ring finger I painted black with some polish that must have come in some Halloween set and is old and nearly dried out but I got it to work well enough. I think I might buy a good bottle of black since I like how this turned out. On top of the black I put Broadway Nails High Shine. You can get these for a dollar and they look great! At least this color does! Haven't gotten around to trying another color... hmm... should see if it comes in black...
  Oh and on my left ring finger I layered some yellow Broadway glitter on it too.

Accessories:

  Ann Taylor
+Ann Taylor
100% Silk
Made in China
Vintage

  I believe this is Vintage but not sure how old. A guess would be late 60's early 70's. Pipe in if you know. I picked this up in a small thrift shop in NJ. The owner didn't even speak English. Got a couple cool things from there.

Jewelry:

  Ballet Dancer (silver, enamel, rhinestones)
  I take to ballet more then I do Jazz. Got this little pendent some years back when I was taking dance to improve my skills. Such an elegant dance. I also love lyrical.
  This pendant is silver but sadly the rhinestones started changing colors soon after I got it! Maybe eventually they all will turn the same color! Don't buy jewelry from Wal-mart unless you mind the finish chipping off or stones changing colors! Otherwise it's a very pretty necklace and has meaning to me.

  Bracelet (glass, metal)
  I was looking for rhinestones for a costume and ended up buying this bracelet. It's just pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment