Saturday, August 30, 2014

Coffee with Friends

  Something about getting together with friends at a coffee shop I love. I don't drink so coffee's my drug ;-) And I have some pretty cool friend too.
 ______________

Top:
  Unlabeled

  Green sports top. This look is made from a number of item's I've had for a while. Fun to mix things up for a different look. Since I made NY my 2nd home I have also picked up the art of layering... I'm finding myself doing it in the summer when I don't need to stay warm!
 This top was a hand me down from my mom. If there was a label in it it isn't there now.

  No Boundaries:
 Size Medium (7/9)
 Made in the Philippines

  I have had this top for at least 7 years and have worn it many times and it still looks nearly as nice as the day I got it! I believe it came with a crocheted pink bolero. I still have it too.
 Unlike the new clothes Wall-mart is trying to sell now that will last you at the most 6-12 months if that this still has a few more years to go. Take care of your clothes and they will last if they were made with quality work and fabrics. A shame what some stores as offering these days. Cute designs, yes... will you get tired of it before it falls apart?
  Being 95% cotton %5 spandex it breaths which is good when it's hot outside.

Skirt:
  GEORGE ME (by Mark Eisen)
Size 12
Made in Bangladesh

  Again another piece I've had for a long time. Most likely as long as the pink top. George is a brand I have liked for a while. It's like the top of the line for what you can buy at stores like Wall-mart. I have a number of very well made clothing in the George brand that they would only have one of. It was odd cause these items would be much higher quality then anything else in the store! GEORGE ME is made by designer Mark Eisen.
 This skirt is made of 100% cotton with a 35% Cotton and 65% Polyester under skirt.

Shoes:
  Bongo
  Size 9
  Modern

  Teal blue slip-ons. These are new. It's surprising how many things this color will go with.

Makeup:

  • Maybelline NY Define-a-lash Mascara Very Black
  • Wet n Wild MegaLast Pinkerbell #968
  Keeping it simple. If your "friends" are going to judge you for lack of makeup then you need some friends.
  Maybelline Define-a-lash I have been wearing a lot lately. I mean this stuff is good! Looks good and stays put.
  PINKERBELL!!! Ok, I went out of my way to find a stick of this! I saw this color on Pinterest and wanted it! Wet n Wild is not a bad brand. Don't let the price fool you. This stick was around $2. I figured it wasn't too much to lose if it wasn't what I was expecting. It is a lovely color and lasts! It's light feeling on your lips but don't try to layer this on top of anything else. It works best on bare lips.

Jewelry
  •   Vintage Cameo
  •   Rhinestone Bracelet
Again wearing my Grand-aunt's cameo. To match the blues in the skirt I'm wearing a seafoam rhinestone bracelet. I don't recall the brand. I should have the tag around here somewhere...

Scent:
  This is an imitation (or as I loosely call a knock-off) of Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck. I do have a bottle of the real stuff but I just don't have the money to spend on a large bottle of it. This is quite close to the real thing. Not quite as long lasting & strong but the scent is really close. This is one of my favorites scents! You can pick up a large bottle of Wonderful in the $3 to $6 range. The real Wonderstruck in this size retail is near $60.

Notes:

  Oh, and if your wondering, I got an Ice Latte Hazelnut Soy. Some with Gluten problems can also have sensitivity to dairy. Last time I got an ice coffee at Starbucks +Starbucks Coffee  with cream it didn't seem to agree with me so to anyone who doesn't know Starbucks has a soy milk option.

No comments:

Post a Comment