Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunday Evening Concert Look

   I recently attended a concert on a Sunday evening. Great concert, really glad I was asked to go but to the point of this blog...

Dress:
 Dress Barn
 +dressbarn
 Size 6
Made in China - Modern

 This was the first time I have worn this dress. What I love about it is the sheer layer on top in a soft flowing 100% silk. Lining is 100% polyester.
The quality of this dress is amazing for It's price range of around $50 retail.


Shoes:
 Faded Glory
 Size 9
 Modern

 These are heels from Walmart... what can I say... but you can get some cool heels a Walmart! I've worn them a few times already and they are pretty comfortable! All man made material I'm sure. They are around 4inches high.


Makeup:

Eyes
  • Love My Eyes concealer stick (not pictured)
  • ELF +e.l.f. Cosmetics  Brightening Eye Color Neutrals 1854 (Top right color)
  • Maybelline NY +Maybelline New York (Landmark North)  Eye Studio 15 Forest Fury (lower right green)
  • Maybelline NY Define-a-lash Mascara Very Black
Concealer is used as a foundation for the shadow. Elf shadow covers eyelid and above eye crease. The Maybelline green is placed within the crease and winged out a little with brush. It is blinded into the brown so not to be to harsh of a look.
 Eyelashes have a couple of coats of Maybelline NY Define-a-lash Mascara Very Black. I like this mascara. I got it in a set of mascaras and really just started using it cause the one I bought the set for I have about ran out of. I can take a bath with this on my eyes. Wash my face and it's clings like I don't know what! And I have very sensitive eye's and Maybelline NY is the only brand I use since I everything else I've tried burns them so bad!

Eye Brow
  • Hard <3 Candy Single and Loving it 517 "Night Out" eye shadow
Using a shadow brush lightly (and I mean LIGHTLY) brush into eyebrow to make them darker. Don't, PLEASE don't go to far with it or it will not look good. Sorry, I'm just a fan of natural eyebrows...

Skin
  • Avon Shimmer bronzing "Shake and Go" Powder Brush Light
  • ELF HD Blush "Headliner" *83231
  • Shimmer Powder Brand unknown (came in a Walmart Christmas set)
  Since my skin is in rather good shape and the weather is so hot outside all I put on as foundation was some brushes with Avon's "Shake and Go" Powder Brush. As for blush, I found that ELF had the color Blush that I could not find anywhere anymore! This is the most natural blush color for me and I use to buy it in another brand until they stopped making it. I then found a limited edition Revlon Blush that was the same but it was a limited edition color!!! This was pretty annoying. When Walmart started selling ELF I saw the blush and put some on my hand and wow, this stuff was good! A little goes a long way and the stuff is in the $2/$3 range! Elf is a great brand and hey, if you find you hate it for some reason your only losing a few dollars. That's more to say for other brands that would sell this product for way more!
  As for the Shimmer Powder. I like glitter so I throw a little on the shoulders and neck for fun.

Lips:
  • Megaslicks  Wet n Wild Balm Stain Moisturizing Lip Color 125 "Red-dy or Not"
  • Avon Ultra Rich 24K Gold Lipstick K503 Chocolate Gold
  First I put a thin coat of Wet n Wild Megaslick on my lips. To be honest this stuff is not very moisturizing but it is one of my most used lipstick due to how long lasting it is. I will put this on as a base coat and put another color over it which in this case was Avon's Chocolate Gold. I've had this a while and it's not a color I use a lot of but it looks good when I'm wearing something the color compliments. There is real 24K in this stuff. I read people complaining about it clumping... not much of an issue to me. I don't sell Avon anymore but I still use and recommend their products. Just so you know I nor anyone I know is making anything on my recommending Avon. Honestly they have good products.

Scent
So you can't smell me online... haha, what a thought. But this is one of my favorite perfumes. My cousin upon getting a whiff of me one day wearing it said I smelled like roses. I guess it does have a sent of roses with a fruity blind. Two things I like the smell of, roses and fruit. I've read a lot of people online don't like it very much. Actually my mom likes the knockoff better then the real thing! But I own a bottle of the real stuff and I prefer it but the knock off isn't bad. It's kind of the reason I wanted a bottle of the real thing!

Jewlery
  • Vintage Cameo
  I have wanted a real cameo for a long time. This was my grandmother's sister's cameo I got after she died.

Hair
  • Faded Glory Heart Snap clips
  Pretty simple. Brushed to the side and two pale purple snap clips holding the hair back on one side.

No comments:

Post a Comment