Friday, July 3, 2015

London Blue: Nails

 
    I was more pleased with how this came out then I expected! This blue polish is so glittery!!! The first time I've really used it. Bad news it last only less then half a day but I have to disclose that I didn't prepare my nails correctly and that could quite possible have been the problem.


  • Sephora by OPI Top Coat Beam Me Up Hottie! 12039A6V SE 482
Step #1:
    I used 3 coats of Star Light Star Bright You can get away with 2. I just wanted a really good coverage/intense color on my nails. have no problem on drying time.
    The color... WOW! It doesn't look the same in the bottle! It's amazingly shinny!

Step #2:
    Stuff like this would have made me use nail polish much more and sooner in my life!!! I'm a glitz girl! I remember my mom had a bottle of red glitter when I as little that I was allowed to wear sometimes. But I wasn't allowed really red-red polish. Anyway...
Since I'm a sci-fi geek, the name of
"Beam Me Up Hottie" is amusing :-)
   This polish is clear gloss top coat with large pieces of silver holographic glitter. I only used 1 coat. I also have a bottle of top coat with the same but smaller pieces of holographic glitter.
   I don't think Sephora/OPI have a line of polish anymore. Does anyone know of any dupes of this?

  • London Blue Topaz Ring
   Anyone remember London Blue Topaz stones? I don't really see them anymore. They are a topaz treated to darken. I think a darker stone was called Midnight Blue. This ring is my mom's but I have a London blue as well... somewhere. I think this ring dates from around 2000. With treated stones there is a chance they will turn again with time but this one seems to be holding it's color well.


No comments:

Post a Comment