Monday, January 26, 2015

Spotlight Polka Dots

   Something about this dress I found appealing. My mom did not. I tried it on and she liked it a little better... lol. I like to have my mom around when I'm trying clothes on to get a second opinion. I mean, I can't see all angles in the mirror! To me this dress had a sophisticatedly quirky look to it.
__________________

Dress

       Robbie Bee
    Size Small Petite
    Made in China
    Rn #109881
    Modern
     
   I've noticed I tend to wear petite sizes well. I do not know why! I am 5' 9! Petite or not I do have a problem with skirts being shorter then I like. (Tall girl problems.) This is about as short as I can go and still feel comfortable wearing it and that is when I'm wearing tights under them. This dress fits me like it's some where around a 4 or a 6.

Shoes

       J. Renee'
    Jocelyn
      Size 9 1/2

   I'm from AL... Hounds Tooth, ....is anymore need to be said? ;-)
   J. Renee' name their shoes. The name is actually written in the shoe! This pair is named "Jocelyn". I think these retailed around $120.


Accessories
  • Ring
  • Necklace
   The ring is vintage. Silver with marcasite. Bought from a consignment shop in the 90's so I don't really know how old it is. It's my mom's but I thought it looked good with the outfit so I asked if I could wear it.
   The necklace is mine. I don't remember much about it. I never wore it much if at all but I've had it a long time. I love it with this dress.

Make-up

Face
I didn't wear any foundation. Just a little blush. This "Bouncy" blush sounds stupid but work amazingly well. You tap it with your finger then tap it to you cheeks. People who don't know this little but important tip end up messing up the stuff. Don't press you finger in it, just lightly tap. They need to write that on the packages! I had to look it up online to figure out how to use it!

Eyes
   There is a new thing I am seeing with eye shadow looks. Or at least new to me. I have never seen this done before. People are putting a bright light color on the center of the eye lid. It creates dimension. I'm just wearing a highlight of a light-light gold in the center of my eyelids. It's a color that came with my Christmas gift set: Hard Candy Christmas

   Maybelline Define-a-lash is a good. I don't use it a lot. It came with a set of Maybelline
Mascaras I bought years ago. When using it here I thought to myself, why don't I use this one more? It's not thickening but as the name subjects, it defines you lashes.

Lips:
   Base coat of "Red-dy or Not". I like to use a stain first so if the gloss wears off there is color still underneath. On top I put a new find from this year Christmas clearance: Hard Candy Christmas. I wish I could tell you what shade this Hard Candy gloss is but it's not labeled.
  
   The photo below is of me and a framed print of New York by Karen Dupre'. I found it at one of my childhood BBF's consignment shop! Heather's Beads and Baubles. I have a small collection of NYC themed prints. I <3 NY
  Oh, and some might appreciate the vintage mid century sofa I'm sitting on here. It was bought in 1955. It originally was an awful green but was redone in the 70's. I like the yellow much better then the green. It was my Grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment