Saturday, January 3, 2015

Southern Sweater Dress


   I grew up in the south. I mean SOUTH... I am annoyed when people hear I'm from the "south" and they tell me they visited VA... *rolls eyes*...
_________________

Sweater Dress
     Size M (Fits like a small 8 or a 6)
     Made in China
     Modern


   I had been looking for a sweater dress but could not find one of any quality worth buying. I finally ended up with this lovely dress. I'm pretty picky when it comes to fabric. I go for all natural fabrics like cotton, silk and wool. They are more comfortable temperature wise... oh, the feel of good quality silk is so nice!
   There are exceptions to the rule thought. This one is polyester. But it's so pretty and of fair quality.
   I shop thrift stores to retail and ALL OF THEM looked like they belonged in a rat's nest or something!

Stock Photo for similar dress
   This one caught my eye and FIT! I really enjoy the multi colored yarn! I still don't know how long this dress will last. The quality is better then the many I pasted up! Not sure how long this one will last me but I'm going to enjoy wearing it! :-) And I realized it's a perfect winter wear in the south, a short sleeves and skirt sweater dress!
   I did find a dress by Ronni Nicole that is made from the same fabric. It doesn't have the pattern in the front though. Overstock.com +Overstock.com  has it here Ronni Nicole Women's Buttoned Cowl Neck Sweater Dress $64.99

Shoes:
  • Faded Glory
     Size 9
     Modern
   I'm wearing these here too... Sunday Evening Concert Look.

Stockings - Faded Glory, most likely, I've had them a while. Glittery brown fish net stockings

Accessories
      Made in China
      Modern

   I found this purse while I was working in NY this year. They had various versions to pick from. I decided on this one. Love the colors and even more the ombre' effect on the zippers!
   Bad news though... you can only get a certain purse in the city your in. In AL you can find a football Bama bag but your not going to find a NY one there. But here's the good news for you... they have a website! It looks like they have bags for a bunch of cities like New Orleans, Miami, Las Vegas... and so fourth.
   They also make larger bags as well. I saw one that had the Empire State building that was great but a bit big to use as a purse.
  • Necklace
   Christmas Present :-) I like the way this looks with this dress!! And if you have a name that starts with an A you know how it can sometime be hard to find an A! They are the first to go!



Check Out- The makeup that goes with this look! : Southern Winter Eyes: How To


No comments:

Post a Comment