Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Southern Winter Eyes: How To

 
   Did everyone has a good Christmas? This is a bad year for the flu! So far I'm good, but I know a lot of people who has been hit by it! My sympathies. I've had my share of the flu.
  My Christmas was good. What did everyone get? I did pretty good in the makeup department which I will fill you all in with another post but here is my Christmas look. More on the dress here: Southern Sweater Dress
  And now the eyes............. (I'm giving you the names of the colors I used. Feel free to use similar colors in other brands or change the colors as you wish!)
______________________________

















 
Step 1: Color Tattoo, this stuff is great! I also used it here: Party With the Young'uns in "Blue Paradise". It truly does last a long time! "Gold Rush" is a very bright metallic gold. First, place "Gold Rush" above your eye lid 
 
Step 2: Did you know I like glitter? Haha... anyway, in the eye crease apply "Night Sky". Diamond Lust is a very sparkly  line of shadows that they had me in mind when they made it ;-) I've collected 5 shades of this now! "Night Sky" is a dark grey with lots of sparkles.
 
Step 3: Start the color at the inside of your eye (at the tear duct) and taper it out over the lids of your eyes. I'm using a purple Baked Eye Shadow from Hard Candy. It has a good bit of shine but not quite as shiny as the other colors.
Step 4: Using eyeliner, line the upper lid bring out a little of a wing. Eyeliner under the lid only line half of it and meeting the wing and the outside corner of the eye.
 I just bought a new liner. I finally ran out of my own bottle and I can't even find that brand anymore so for a dollar or two I took the chance on ELF's Eyeliner Pin. The concept of using a pin sounded like a good one! I also read a good review on it too. It worked! I must note though that is not waterproof at all.

Step 5: Mascara time! L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Extra-Volume One of the of my Black Friday weekend finds!

Step 6: Somehow this shadow didn't make it to the pic of makeup I used but this is also from the Diamond Lust line by Revlon. This is best put on with a small makeup brush, Again sparkly but very close to the color I used on my lids from Hard Candy. I like this pairing of two similar colors, one in not as sparkly as the other like this. It  adds some depth to it. I placed it under my eye starting at the wing and tapering into the middle of the eye.

And your done! Ever give this look a try please let me see it!
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment