Sunday, December 7, 2014

How To Eyes Tutorial: Pin-xperimentation

   So... we see these projects and ideas on Pinterest but how many are likely to be Pinterest FAILS?
  Really, I have found most projects that I or people I know who has taken on a Pinterest project actually were successful! You should see my brother's dinning table... it's gorgeous! But right now I'm here to talk about an eye makeup look I came across...
   There were no written instruction to this tutorial, well, take that back, the instructions are so small you can't read them! But the picture is really about all you need. The green is lovely that they used but I was not wearing green that day so I switch it to purple.
   Skill level? Well, I have a pretty high skill level with makeup. I can do Egyptian make up in just a couple of minutes and make it on stage in time!
   I would say this look for a newbie that knows NOTHING about makeup might have a time with it but if you know how to use a eyeliner pin you should be able to do it... and hey, newbies try anyway, can't get good at something you don't try!
   Here's how it works...
   First off, I have a collection of shadow so I was able to find 4 colors that would give you the ombre effect and I used two liquid eye liner. To have a finished look you have to have mascara. Oh and I use concealer for the base for my shadow.

Step 1 : Put a base one your lids that the shadow will stick to. I used Love My Face 250 Light Cover Stick.

Step 2: Start at the outer corner of your eye and draw a line with your eye liner (I'm using Wet N Wild Mega Liner 07 "Plum" out and upward. You can use pencil or liquid but I'm better at using liquid so that's what I went with.
Another line is drawn on your natural eye crease outward to meet the line you drew from the corner.

Step 3: Use your darkest shade here. I used a deep metallic plum mixed with black from a set of shadows by KLEANCOLOR "All About Me 18." Coloring inside the lines about 1/4.

Step 4: Your medium shade goes here. Blending into the edges of the darker color cover the middle of you eye lid. I used MAYBELLINE New York "Lasting Lilac" The darker color.

Step 5: And here color what hasn't been colored to the tear duct. Again MAYBELLINE New York "Lasting Lilac" but the lighter shade.

Step 6: Darken the "wing" with black liner or black shadow. I use a black liquid liner.

Step 7: Apply a little of the dark color under your lower lash line.

Step 8: Add black liner around the eyes. (I did not do this. I don't like putting liner on after putting on shadow.)

Step 9: Looks like they added highlight of yellow in the middle. Instead of yellow in the middle I placed a light skin town color of shadow from my KLEANCOLOR "All About Me 18." to the tear duct area of my eye.

Step 10: Mascara! I used Maybelline The COLOSSAL Volum' Express Upper and lower lashes.

Lipstick? Wet n Wild Pinkerbelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment