Sunday, November 9, 2014

Casual Biz

  My work requires a bit of travel at times. These were taken at a park not far from my work on the first day I arrived after the long  road trip there. I work as an actor so I can wear whatever I want to get there in and my costumes are supplied for me. But here I was headed to a meeting to get briefed on stuff and get my contract set.

  ______________

T-shirt:
     Size M (8/10)
     RN#123187
    Made in Salvador
    Modern

  I got several of these Danceskin T-shirts a while back on a clearance sale and have never worn them. Decided to pull them out for the fall! A number of my everyday clothes are starting to go beyond their prime in life. Fade the old ones out and throw some new ones in…
  I love these due to their tie to dance. I love dance! This shirt has the Danceskin logo with the title “MOVE” in big letters.

  Shirt is made from 100% Organic Cotton.

Pants:
Faded Glory Quality Goods
    Size 10A
    RN#78096
    Made in China
    Modern

  Here we go with the sizing again… this is the smallest size 10... it’s more like a 6. Why can’t these companies get together and decide on a standardized size chart?!
  Anyway, these are really pretty with black and clear rhinestones on the pockets. Didn’t get a good shot of the back of them… will have to include that later when I wear them again.

Belt:
Unknown
    Vintage

  We bought this belt thinking it was made for someone who was just really large and thought we would just cut it down to fit. I later realized you are suppose to wrap it around twice!
  It’s a thin white leather type (man-made, I believe) belt studded with round multi colored rhinestones. I’m pretty sure this is from at least the 1990’s maybe early 90’s or mid/late 80’s. It has no labels.

Coat:
Hard Candy

    Size M (7-9) Juniors
   Made in China
    Modern

  Hot pink hoodie with crystal rhinestones in the shape of a diamond on one side. Made in a soft velvet fabric. You can’t really see the diamond in the picture. I tried to get it in there but it got covered by my hair.
  Hard Candy is more of a makeup line then clothes but every once in a while I will see clothing by them. This is the first piece of clothing I’ve ever bought made by Hard Candy. I like their make-up. It’s fun and glittery… (once I get over the fact it looks/sounds like a make-up brand for hookers… lol… )

Shoes:
Bongo
    Size 9

 My "go to" shoes lately.
Rainy Day Sparkle
Coffee With Friends

Makeup:
  Face

  I found this True Match by L'Oreal at a crazy cheap price and appeared to be close to my skin tone. Well, really I found two shades and bought both but I used Porcelain W1 here. These are not something I would buy to try at full price but the clearance price I found it at was cheap enough to give it a shot!
  L'Oreal True Match is pretty good! IF… you have the right skin for it. The trouble I have with it is my skin can be quite dry in spots and this stuff goes on to a powder finish which makes the dry spots really show up as flaky. If your face tends to be oily this might be a better match but I do like the feel and how it goes on. This time I used it for the first time in a while and I managed to make it look really good so maybe I can use this if I find a way it works best on me.
 Use the cover sticks as needed.
  I used my blush first this time and blended the foundation and powder into it. This creates a more subtle natural look. (Kind of a peek through effect.) The true match comes next. I then used a darker shade of powder that I normally wear and used it in a more bronzing way then as a powder.

  Lips:
  First I put on the Balm Stain. I like to do this in case the lip stick comes off there is a more permanent color underneath so you don’t have to worry so much with reapplying your lip color. “Red-dy or Not” and “Retro Red are very similar in color. “Red-dy” looks just a touch darker then “Retro”
  As for “Moisturizing”… don’t get your hopes up. It works good as a stain but I have not found it very moisturizing.
  “Retro Red” goes on top of the stain. I bought this color because I was in a show and needed a really red color. And since it was a show and I wasn’t making big bucks for it I went with a cheap tube of New York Color. Again let me say, price does not always tell you how good a makeup will be. It probably was around a $1 or two but it’s a good simple tube of lipstick!

Eyes Brows:
  I’ve been using Hard Candy Black eye shadow for my brow but this time went and used my Avon Eye liner. I use to always use the Avon. They eye shadow was something new I tried that I liked the effect of.

Eyes:
  This is the first time I have tried ELF Eyeliner. Found a set of 5 colors in Target. Results is pretty good. The only eyeliner pencil I have ever gotten to work was Avon. I do much better with liquid liners but ELF along with Avon works. Still not the precision of a liquid but will do for basic eye lining.
  For my lids I used a cream shadow. I used the medium pink in the set. Really I don’t know anything about this brand. I found two sets of different colors and bought both. The cases open with a nice mirror inside. I didn’t pay much for it… really, I may use the mirror more than I do the actual makeup!
 In the inner corners I use Revlon Cheek Glaze “Glow”. I’ve had this stuff for years. I use to use it for stage makeup for highlights when I was still in youth theater. Same effect could be done with a white shimmer eye shadow.
  For my lids I used a cream shadow. I used the medium pink in the set. Really I don’t know anything about this brand. I found two sets of different colors and bought both. The cases open with a nice mirror inside. I didn’t pay much for it… really, I may use the mirror more than I do the actual makeup!

Accessories:
  • Ballet Dancer Silver necklace
  • Blue headband
   Again wearing my Ballet Dancer. (Rainy Day Sparkle) A reminder of the pain I went through taking Ballet… but I still love it and need to find a legit dance studio to start taking again!
  Blue head band, in which I don’t remember where I got it but it was in a set at a good price… I want to say it was at Target… maybe…

No comments:

Post a Comment