Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cookie, Cookie, Cookie: Gluten Free

   One of my first words.. maybe even my first word was "Cookie" or something that meant that and sounded close to it :-)
   We just had the Holidays and that means get togethers and pot luck dinners! BUT this it a scary time for Celiacs! Your taking a calculated risk with each dish you sample. Some are pretty easy to figure out but others... well, that's the holidays. I've been doing really well this Christmas. As I'm eating healthier by cutting out high fructose corn syrup, MSGs, & artificial sweeteners.... I'm sure I'm breaking my diet on some stuff but the most important thing I need to avoid is Gluten. I've gone to a number of parties this year bring Gluten Free Cookies AND I didn't have to make them from scratch!
   Pillsbury makes gluten free cookie dough pre-mixed! (Brown Sugar, Rice Flour, Semisweet Chocolate Chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural flavor), Water, Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Sugar, Corn Starch, Modified Potato Starch. Contains 2% or Less of: Eggs, Modified Tapioca Starch, Salt, Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavor.)  And they taste REALLY GOOD! Going gluten free I have noticed there is an unpleasant taste to things that contain gluten. It's sort of bitter.
   These cookie are also made with no artificial sweeteners. They are made with real sugar and that's something a lot of people may not understand or realize the real sugar is better for you then artificial sweeteners including high fructose corn syrup. A lot of people think sodas will make you fat because of all the sugar... what they don't realize is there isn't even real sugar in sodas!!! For the most part it is high fructose corn syrup! But lets keep this subject for another day and stick with cookies.
   On the Pillsbury site they carry several Gluten Free items and a number of Gluten-Free Recipes!
Where to buy...

    Foodchamps

    Wal-mart +Walmart.COM

Price range depending where you buy it $3.50 - $4 'ish

  With that being said they are at times hard to find much like other Gluten Free goodies. But I know they have in the past carried Pillsbury Gluten Free Dough.

   What I like to do to make them even tastier is pecans (Fisher) topping each one! Hungry yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment