Sunday, December 28, 2014

Peanut Butter & Jelly: Gluten Free

"PEANUT, Peanut butter and Jelly! PEANUT, Peanut butter and JELLY! "Know the song?... actually I don't even know where that came from... anyone where that song came from?
   Anyway: Today's Gluten free goodness we are going to hit the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. :-)
 
  • Step 1:   Start with Rudis Gluten Free Bread. I like to toast it in a toaster. This in my new favorite Gluten Free bread. Before finding Rudis we ate Udi. I like Rudis better in sliced because they have whole grain which even when I did eat Gluten I liked whole grain. Rudis is Soy Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, and Non-GMO
   Click Here for more info on Rudis Breads and more Click Here-Gluten-Free Products. They also have Gluten Free Recipes Here-Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery Recipes They also have a where to find Here.
  • Step 2: Lets put on the jam first! Smucker's Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread. Funny how brands are now coming out with two lines of their products. It's great though that are starting to make product for people searching for more natural healthy foods. I first found this line in a store near by in a clearance bin. It was Orange Marmalade and SO GOOD! Sadly these are sort of hard to find. Most of the flavors on their site I have never seen in a store! Wish I could they look good! These jams have real piece of fruit in them which is pretty cool.
   And check this out! Only 4 ingredients!

Ingredients

STRAWBERRIES, SUGAR, FRUIT PECTIN, CITRIC ACID.
Click to enlarge

  • Step 3: Peanut Butter time! Remember when you bought real peanut butter and you go to get some you are greeted with a layer of yuck liquid oil stuff on top of and impossible thick peanut putty... yeah, it was pretty bad but hey I have to say the stuff was good once you got it in eatable condition! Well, I've got good news for you! They have now come out with a natural Peanut Butter that won't separate on you. You can get it in at least two brands now! I'm using here Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Honey Creamy. ,Sorry, I was looking on Skippy's site and found they have this in SKIPPY® Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Dark Chocolate!!!! WANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Another short ingredients list! Roasted Peanuts, Palm Oil, Peanut Oil, Salt, Sugar, and Honey
  • Step 4: I like a crunch in my PB&J. I also really like pecans. I will actually take pecan halves and dip them in peanut butter... but that for a another meal, let's stick with the sandwich. Pecans are a good source of protein, btw. We normally buy Fisher Pecans.
   I'm only making half a sandwich here.
 You can make a big one if ya want ;-) Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment