Monday, December 15, 2014

Holiday Party Mix: Nails How To

Be sure to read the end of the post for a extra tip!
   TIS THE SEASON!!!

 OK, yeah it's that time of year again... not that you would not already know that by turning your radio in the car.
 Feeling festive I threw this combo together!
 (I wish the photos did justice to how sparkly and pretty this turned out, but alas it doesn't)
__________________________

   Step 1: I started with two coats of Avon's Pro Nail Enamel "Sunshine". It's a lovely yellow but I've always had difficulty using it. It's a bit think and very unforgiving... near impossible to apply perfectly. Avon has good products including nail polishes but this is not one of them. It works to use it as a base coat with glitter so the flaws are hidden. I liked how this turned out and it did last longer then other manicures I have done.

My mom's manicure and mine interlocked, I thought it was a cool shot.
   Step 2: I wanted a 3 dimensional feel and a more Christmas'y feel so I used Milani Nail Lacquer "Fruitcake" This may have been my mom's at sometime because I don't remember buying it... it's a little glob'y but hey it's old so that could be why, I don't know where it came from. 1 to 2 coats. This is a glitter in a clear gloss.

   Step 3: At last the topper. Wet n Wild "Party of Five Glitters" is a favorite of mine! Not sure why it is called "Party of Five Glitters" I don't know because it's really only 3 colors small red and green specks and larger silver specks. But what the best part of it is, the gloss goes on thick and dries quickly, glossy, and hard. I've used a lot of it considering I've only had it less then a year.

   Step 4: Now for the twist pick a finger or two to be the odd one out by painting it a matching solid color. I went with Sally Hansen's "Emerald City". This I know was my mom's. She has a matching green glitter too that I didn't use in this. Not sure how old it is but I'm guessing 10 years +! What is neat is it matches my created Emerald ring! So Emerald is a good name for this!

Finnish: I recommend using a quick dry. I use one made by Avon

   Extra: You're liking the Emerald ring, right? Right here.... Sterling Silver Created Emerald & Diamond Accent Ring ... your welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment