Sunday, February 8, 2015

Disclaimer: The Beauty Talk

 
  Being a beauty blogger you walk a fine line between being helpful and being harmful. Part of the reason I started beauty blogging is that I have a message to send. Not to condemn people for not wearing nice clothes in a size 0 and perfect make up, but to share the fun I have with it. The number one beauty tip I can share with you starts with YOU and those who are around you. If you can not come to terms with the person you are bare naked head to toe then true beauty is hard to capture. From 100pound to 500+pounds. It does not matter. What is going on in your heart and your head? I know it's hard but forget someone's jab and insults you may hear. Let me tell you, no matter your weight or size or flaw on your face somebody is gonna find something about you to pull you down. That type of talk reflects more on them then on you.

   Now saying that there comes the second reason I blog. That being your health. While a girl is beautiful at any size that doesn't means she is healthy! If a women can be healthy at 500+pounds then rock that beauty! But sadly that most likely not the case. It is then that your friends should be supporting you into a healthy life style that will keep you on this earth longer so they can see your true beauty for many years to come. That is what loving friends do, they care about your health and well being. The same goes in the oppose direction. Anorexia is also a very dangerous thing that can shorten your years.

My cousin and I in 2004 and again in 2014
   I have been 200+ pounds in my life. I now can wear a size 4-6 size dress. That was done eating a diet that improved my health. I am stronger and healthier then I have ever been in my life.

   I did not set off to lose as much weight as I have. That has been mostly the by product of trying to be healthier, eat healthier. Recently I have lost around 5 to 10 pounds by cutting out high fructose corn syrup over the span of a few months!

   So, the point... love your body and yourself enough to change your health for the better not because of the face you are looking at in the mirror or the remarks from people who truly do not matter. Do it for you and do it for the people that truly care about how long you will be with them on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment