Sunday, June 30, 2019

Denim and Lace (Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans, Wet N Wild, Elf, HardCandy, CoverGirl, Maybelline)






Denim and Lace Outfit and Makeup I'm sure this blouse was a thrift store find. I don't remember exactly where. Size: Large Made in Indonesia. I've really started to take note at where my clothes are made. I've found the clothing that I wear that falls apart in mostly made from China. The best outfits in my wardrobe (other the designers made in the US) are made in Vietnam of all places. Take note of all the pin tucking all over the front. The shirt shown here is a light weight cotton and it is a little big on me but comfortable none the less. Pant made by Gloria Vanderbilt "All American Slimming Effect" size 10 bought at +Costco These are quite comfortable and ended up buying a 2nd pair! These are also made in Indonesia. I've very impressed with these and would recommend them! You can find really good deals on them if you are a Costco member. I recently bought a pair of Calvin Klein Jeans and in those I wear a 12.
MAKEUP Brows : Elf 81303  Dark


I really don’t understand the brow styles these days. So many brow products coming out but I’m just familiar  with using a brow pencil but found this ELF brow kit on sale and wanted to try it. It even comes with a little mirror. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do. On the right is a dark wax and on the left is a lighter brown powder. Now I don’t understand why the colors are not closer in color. The applicator  that comes with it on one side has a stiff brush for the wax and a soft for the powder. And guess what I haven’t lost the applicator yet! You can find it HERE for $3

Face:
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Color correcting Primer
      I’m not wearing any foundation. Just a layer of SPF moisturizer. My eyes were a little dark this day (hate allergies!) so used this product for the first time. I do have a W.N.W color corrector palette that is not easy to work with and I don’t use a lot because of it. THIS however is pretty cool! It goes on smooth and your skin get the lightest tint of green. You know, enough to work but not enough to look like you painted blobs of green on your face! The finish is really smooth and not at all sticky, un like the WNW on I have. I think I may have found a color corrector I like! You can find it HERE $8
Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush in Rose Champagne C326B
      I’m not sure why this is a blush… I mean… it’s not pink. To me it is a nude with a warm tone. No “rose” in it’s color. That being said it is useful to me as a face powder or base eyeshadow base. Here I wanted to make sure there was any visible green from the color corrector so I set t with powder just in case.
You can find it HERE $2.99 Maybelline NY Fit Me! Blush 104 Light Pink

     This is another blush that looks very close to my natural skin tone but has more pink to it then the Wet n wild Pink Champagne. I have a lot of pink in my skin tone so I use this also as face powder or eyeshadow but since it is pink I will use it for a very pale blush.
You can find it HERE $5.99

Eyes:
E.L.F. Eye primer Sheer 21711
      This was only $2 not on sale. I had a more expensive primer that I like but I hated using it on days I was just playing with my make up so I bought this. Is it great? No. I was not happy with it at all when I first started using it but the more I use it the more it grows on me (and maybe I’m just getting the hang of how to use it) It tends to burn a little if I put it really close to my eyes directly so I put it higher and then I smooth it around to my lids and it’s fine. You can find it HERE $2

Covergirl trunaked Jewels Dazed useing color “Quartz”
      Watching reviews on this palette I saw people did not like this shade. It didn’t show up on their skin. Well, this is a case where it just depends on who you put it on. I think this color is so pretty and looks good on me and you can see it! I have found cool tones look better on me and that might be one of the issues. This is a very cool blue pink. On me it works. It is also quite soft and creamy in feel. It is the only matte in this palate and I’m using it for my transition. You can find it HERE
E.L.F. Aqua Beauty Molten Liquid Eyeshadow
      I was trying to be clever and a little desperate for something I could use as a glue for some of my really glittery shadows. I pulled this out and decided to give it a try… I apply it over my base shade on my eyelid. And YES! It worked. Glitter shadows cling to this very well. Use a blend brush to get rid of any harsh lines.
Maybelline NY The CityKits Urban Light Eye+cheek Palette

      I got this palette because of these light colors! (and it was on sale) I have very hooded eyes and I like to use bright colors so not to darken my eyes more then they are already. I used the gray shade in the crease. I used to yellow next to the green on my lid.

You can find it HERE $4

Maybelline NY Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect
      Big Lots sent me this mascara and it’s pretty good. I’ve had so many issues with mascaras through the years. Eventually found that I’m safe with Covergirl and Maybelline when it come to irritating my eyes. It’s been many years since I’ve tried another brand except when I bought a tube of Loreal… I could barely use it cause of the bad design and it dryed up after a few uses. As for Maybelline and covergirl I have has a problem with the formulas being too watery. This one is one is not too bad and it does fan your lashes! I bought another tube in this line when I saw it on sale cause I liked this one. Won’t open it till I finish off a tube though.
Note: I have a lot of problems with mascara getting on my eye shadow when I put on my mascara last so to solve that I now put it on first before the shadow. I might put on another coat after I finish if needed but it cuts down the mess. This is why I hate watery mascara. It really goes EVERYWHERE when I use it!
Find it HERE $8.99 MSRP

Lips:
  Covergirl 323 Delicious Exquis
      I like Covergirl lipsticks. When you put them on let them dry down for 10 or so minutes before drinking or eating and they will stay really well. I got this stick from Big Lots. This color is a darker version of Quartz in the eyeshadow palette! This color looks to be discontinued but I did find it on Amazon HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment