Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Autumn in a Cup: Apple Cherry Cobbler

   Found this treat in Wal-mart +Walmart.COM  made by Old Orchard +Old Orchard Brands  . Apple Cherry Cobbler captures the sweetness and spicyness of Autumn! SO GOOD. I like drinking it with a meal. The spice (tastes like nutmeg maybe?) in it is a pleasant contrast with your meal. Today I drank some with some corn beef hash and salad. YUM :-)
They make three Limited Editions flavors. 
   Since they make three flavors we had to pick which one we wanted to try. We picked this one because the Apple Pie was flavored with cinnamon. I am very sensitive to it... well, really it's FAKE Cinnamon since you can't really find true cinnamon anymore. (a topic I should write a blog about...) so Apple Pie for me was a no.
   As for Caramel Apple, sounds good right? It had caramel color listed in it's ingredients which might not be a problem at all but caramel color made outside the US can contain Gluten. Safe then sorry... I've been so strict lately and it feels so nice!
   Apple Cherry Cobbler has a Gluten free stamp and has nothing listed that looked like I should have issues with, and I didn't!
   The ingredients listed are:
Filtered Water, Sugar, Apple Concentrate, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Grape Juice Concentrate, Cherry Juice Concentrate.

Yes! Sugar! Real sugar! None of that fattening high fructose corn syrup! When I cut it out of my diet my weight began to drop again! My personal belief is this is partly what makes soft drinks fatting, not the sugar. Many companies seem to be making a change back to sugar. It's healthier and just tastes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment