Monday, January 10, 2022

Chucky Blossoms (Vintage Style Crochet Cloche Hat)


 This year I picked up the crochet hook again. It's been a while... like Winter of 2010 in NY 6 feet of snow ago. Didn't take long to relearn. I like to go all out when I do something, so my first project was a remake of Katniss' cowl neck in Catching Fire. It was surprisingly successful! (I will be posting on this and when up will put a link here.)

 This hat was the next thing I made. I had collected this yarn from Dollar Tree, yes Dollar Tree! Their craft sections are starting to look like an old fashion Joannes' Fabric store or at one time named Cloth World when I was really young. But yes, Dollar Tree carries yarn. It's nice yarn too. I picked a few balls of these colors because I just liked them. These two were chunky weight 100% Acrylic. The gray is a tweed. I believe it took a little over 2 balls of the gray and 1 and a little over of the red.

   I found this pattern on YouTube. I'm a lover of vintage hats! The first hat I ever made was from a 1916 pattern. This pattern is modern by Littlejohn's Yarn...


She does crochet product reviews as well so check her out!

   I had a little trouble with the twist in the hat's brim. I finally had to get help from my mom. It's quite confusing... now when I see a pattern containing a twist like this, I'm like... NOPE! :-D But I like how it came out. I made it with bigger size thread and hook so that's why it doesn't look quite like the original but oh is it warm! It's made with a cable like stich, so it turns out thick and warm.

    I added the decorations on my own. If you want to know how to make these flowers go over to Pinterest and look for crochet puff flowers. I made three for this.

Made this hat too? Let me know on FB at Glitter Glam Mandy - Manda K's Universe Blog Facebook &/or let's be friends on Ravelry:AmandaKay

No comments:

Post a Comment